Job Summary: Project Managers assume the role of the primary customer contact posts sale. The general responsibilities are to coordinate and manage internal and external resources as needed, including coordination of business units, job materials, equipment and subcontractors, ensuring that specifications are being followed in order to deliver flawless execution of projects. The ultimate goal of a project manager is to satisfy the customer while delivering projects on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Monitor and communicate project status with customers; contract review, approval drawing schedule, solicitation of approval drawing return, delivery schedule and erection schedule as required to adhere to the construction schedule or customer expectations.
- Coordinates customer-driven changes with affected departments; determines cost (time and dollars) increases or decreases and issues change orders accordingly
- Review all deliverables prepared by Red Dot before submitting to client to ensure they are complete and accurate per the project scope/contractual
- Assists both external and internal customers with technical information
- Investigate field related issues in a timely manner and assist in claims to determine a course of action in conjunction with documentation of resolution by completing a problem
- Coordinate and develop internal schedules to meet project requirements
- Assists accounting to determine the monthly schedule of values of invoicing customer
- Negotiate, hire and manage subcontractors
- Negotiate change orders and attend job site meetings
- Coordinate the final closeout of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture or related field from an accredited university with a minimum of 6 – 8 years of related industry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commercial construction experience required and metal building knowledge is preferred
- Able to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings required
- Travel to jobsites to review and resolve project issues, requiring some overnight stays
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle and prioritize urgent requests and multiple projects
- Excellent communication interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be self-disciplined and have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in decision-making process
- Ability to communicate with customers in a highly professional manner, even in stressful and adversarial situations
Common Performance Factors
- Resources utilized appropriately; is conscientious and trustworthy with company time and monies. Proper care is given to equipment and tools.
- Effectively communicates; verbally or in writing, listens perceptively and is receptive to feedback.
- Dependable; adheres to attendance requirements, reports to work on time and following policies for requested time away from work or emergency absences.
- Decision making appropriate for designated level of responsibility; anticipates, analyze and resolves problems; ability to work independently in performing and completing assignments.
- Organizes and Plans work to maximize efficiency and productivity, prepared by maintaining an orderly and clean work area.
- Teamwork: Respectful of team mates, works effectively with co-workers, superiors and subordinates; is responsive to the needs of others; accomplishes results effectively as a team member. Offers assistance to others without prompting.
Machines and Equipment Used:
- Computer workstation
- Printers, copiers, miscellaneous office equipment
Hours of Work:
- May require frequent overtime and some overnight stays
Relationships and Contacts:
- Reports to Director of Project Management
- Liaison between Red Dot and the assigned customer
- External contact with architects, vendors, sub-contractors and other external parties of interest
- Internal contact with every department
- Indoors – 70%
- Outdoors – 30%
- Sitting – 70%
- Stooping – Occasional
- Lifting – Occasional
- Standing – 10%
- Walking – 5%
- Driving – 30%
- Weight required to lift – 25-50 lbs.
- lbs. Weight required to carry – 25-50 lbs.